Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Kelis New Clothing line: Plus homegirl can cook...






Source: MTV News


The singer is launching an apparel line called Cake and is scheduled to release her own cookbook in 2007. There's also aplan in the works for a Kelis-headed line of cosmetics and beauty products, she said.

The free-spirited artist said the business ventures are an extension of her natural interests and that she couldn't pass up the opportunities.

"Fashion is a big part of my life, so I'm sticking by that, really," Kelis explained. "I got a million and one ideas. And I'm always approached by designers and people about stuff. I actually designed items for my first video and my second ['Bossy' and 'Blindfold Me']. So it just made sense. It's actually really second nature to me. It hasn't been a far stretch.

"I have the ideas, and then [the process] is just like with the music industry," she continued. "You have to have the vision, and then you have to have someone willing to release your vision."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home